Sunday, 23 August 2009

Sun Kissed, Hmmm...

...Sun-slapped is more appropriate. My poor little cheek's are all pink and sore - oops, double entendre there, oh dear, lol!!! I mean my poor face is sore.

Anyway, the reason I'm here yet again is that I'm feeling kind of philosophical and want to share my thoughts about how things have changed for me over the past fifty-three weeks of WW...

Last August ('08) I was reclusive, depressed and at the end of my road physically and mentally. I felt cloaked in a dark cloud and I couldn't breathe, let alone feel the light on my face.
To put it bluntly I felt like I was on a fast track to death! Yes, it sounds dramatic but that was my life then.

Everything was a struggle: walking or any physical/social activity, getting up in the morning, washing, brushing my teeth or opening the curtains even. Leaving the house and answering the door or the phone was a myth. They were all non-existent because it was way too painful to face life in any shape or form.
I was drinking heavily and couldn't see my future, just a sad and lonely broken death, where I should have been thinking about a future - my life!

But here I am fifty-three weeks on and light years in leaps and bounds. Try keeping me indoors now and I'll batter you to get out. I scroll through my phone book to see who I can summon to an escapade. I'm clean and healthy and dare I say it HAPPY, I look and feel like a new person. WW deity I hail you. LOL.

Well, I think that's short and to the point.

x x x Angela x x x

3 comments:

  1. Wow I could have written that myself !!
    Im so pleased for you. Its a whole new chapter in our lives now, not that long dark tunnel anymore, we have reached the otherside, and its bright, sunny, and liveable....

    Well done. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Sometimes it's good to look back on the past and remember what the "before" used to look like... it sounds like you've come a really long way. You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two, means a lot x x x

    ReplyDelete