Friday, 7 August 2009

Summer and social situations!

Morning! It's such a grey but hot and very humid day today (again) it makes it hard to get much done because the minute you start moving you get all sticky and shiny. Oh well, I'll just plaster on the deodorant and go for it anyway. lol.

I was having a think about summer and the inevitable invitations to drinks and outdoor picnic-cum-party get together style things! And was thinking how this kind of sabotages my weight loss efforts because once the drinks start to flow it's much easier to say yes to that cake/choc/burger/hotdog... (insert favorite naughty treat here). But on the other hand after a few years of being reclusive and depressed and not doing anything with anyone, I now relish the chance to be with people and smile and enjoy myself again. So, the dilemma (if you can call it that) is, do I go and meet friends for drinks and not drink? Do I avoid these situations? Or do I, er, can't think of another alternative! lol.
I think I'll just have to be better at controlling myself. I'll do the outings, get-togethers and nights out but will only have one or two drinks and steer clear of all temping foods. Yes, that sounds like a plan to me.
I have a couple of opportunities to test my resolve next week when I'm meeting an old friend for a catch up and few drinks at his house, so, hopefully that won't be too difficult as I can eat at home before I go - I just need to watch how much I'm drinking! Also, I'll be going out for the evening with my best friend from high school. Same as before I think I'll eat before I leave and stick to vodka and diet cokes.

I'm planning on being totally honest with myself and the blog readers and will post about how I get on with friends, drinking, food, exercise and points. I'm hoping to be really, really good and stick to my points perfectly for a whole week and get a good loss.

Wish me luck! lol x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment