After starting the week and my blog positively and raring to go, I've gone and ruined the last couple of days, big style! I'm not angry or upset with myself - just a little disappointed - as I know these things happen and in the words of the inimitable Baldrick, 'I have a cunning plan'. LOL
I have been eating my usual tasty, healthy meals but have supplemented them with about thirty, yes thirty! Point’s worth of chocs and ice-creams.
Big WHOOPS!
I don't usually eat chocolate or ice-cream so I'm wondering if it's an emotional thing, or stress related (as in teenager stress). I've had to deal with my bored sixteen-year-old acting like a bit of a plank, through boredom mostly and probably his own worry about exam results, which are due soon.
So, the plan is to get lots and lots of exercise in - this is walking for me as I can't afford a gym membership and don't own a bicycle or wii fit thingy. I started a couple of weeks ago by getting an hour of walking in each day and have progressed to a couple of hours about three times a week and an hour a day for the rest of the week. Usually this is a brisk walk into the city centre and back, round the UEA grounds (University of East Anglia) or a circuit or two round my local park - which is conveniently just across the road.
A recent shake up to the routine has been that me and my mum are now using an old book we found in my grandmother's possessions when she passed away. It's called Norfolk Pub Walks and we choose a walk every Sunday (they vary in length and flat ground/hilly ground) are anywhere from two - eight miles long and we try and work our way round using the dubious drawings in the book. Also, as the book was published in '93 we keep waiting for our map to suddenly lead us into a shopping mall or something. That would be funny. It's always great fun and myself and my mother are getting closer as a result. Last Sunday was a five mile trek in Horsey, around steep dunes, beach, conservation land and meadows. I really enjoyed it. Tomorrow is a six mile walk but I can't remember where, I'll post where and what it was like tomorrow when I get back.
Ooh, back to the plan... I also plan to write my menu and points on here every day, sparing no details, and am starting as of tomorrow (I will be on fast start too).
Till then, then x x x
Saturday, 8 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Well done with all the walking! The pub walks do sound especially nice and it's so nice they're bringing you and your mum closer :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the plan and have a lovely Sunday.
xxx
Thanks Sara. I can't seem to get on your blog, only your profile - else I'd become a follower. Enjoy your Sunday too :-) x
ReplyDeleteWow well done with all that walking. Its such a good easy free way of exercising. I love walking now. I hated it before I started losing the weight. Your doing so well. What a difference in your pictures !! Keep up the good work xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Tina, you look amazing and so different in your pics too. Angela x
ReplyDeleteWell done on the walking - I love it! I'm from Norfolk too, used to live in Norwich but am now by the coast - great city :) Am now following your blog xxx
ReplyDelete