Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Arse!

Hello everyone :-)

I've been trying to give up smoking lately and it was going OK for the first week - BUT the second week, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I just couldn't stop eating and went way over my points every day. I'm really peed off about it and am just going to smoke and try giving up again when I reach goal, as at the moment I personally think I'd rather be a smoker and continue to lose weight steadily.
I know that sounds like a cop out but I am more concerend with getting to goal weight at the moment to be honest. Then when (not if) I get there and I try again, a bit of a gain for a few weeks won't be so bad. That's the theory anyway, and I'm sticking to it LOL.

I tried using the nicotine gum aand it was really horrible, the taste of the actual gum wasn't so bad, but the feeling of the nicotine sliding down my throat was disgusting, all burny and tasted like chewed up wet butt ends. Ick! It also gave me really weird hiccups.

Anyway, I've managed to stick to my points today so I'm back on track but I couldn't face getting weighed today, so, I went to the meeting but didn't get on the scales - LOL.

Hope everyone is well

x x x Angela x x x

4 comments:

  1. Good job being back on track. And grats on quitting smoking! I quit a few months ago, and it was definitely pretty tough, but it was doable. You can do it! It's great how many healthy things you're doing for yourself... make sure you keep all the positives in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on trying to give up smoking. At least you've tried and you want to try again in the future. I've never smoked but there was something in the paper the other day about patches. People giving up who wear them for at least 2 weeks before they begin to quit are more successsful.
    Have a fab week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think it's a cop out at all, trying to lose weight is hard enough on it's own, let alone trying to quit smoking as well. as above, i think it's great that you've tried and well done for planning ahead to try and quit again in the future - good luck :)

    i don't smoke but eating bad stuff is my addiction and i know how difficult it is to get out of that habit! all the best and stay positive :D xxx

    ReplyDelete